ICG International Congresses On Glass
Held every three years, the ICG Congresses are an important way of disseminating information on glass science and technology and provide valuable opportunities for glass scientists and technologists to meet. Since the late 1980s ICG Congresses have expanded significantly. They now attract 700 - 1000 attendees and up to 900 papers and posters. Their special features include:
- Invited lectures reviewing major achievements not only in the traditional fields of glass science and technology, but also on new glass applications such as optics, photonics, electronics, nanotechnology, coating technology, biotechnology, and composites
- and sessions organised by Technical Committees to review key aspects of their work.
The next ICG Conference is in Istanbul, Turkey on 22-25th October 2017. A list of previous Congress venues is given below.
WARNING: Another site on the web is advertising an ICG glass conference in Prague this year. Please be aware that this has no connection with the International Commission on Glass and you should be very wary of making any contact with the organisers.
ICG Annual Conferences and other events in the Glass Field
In the years between its Congresses ICG organises an Annual Conference. Although shorter than the Congresses, several Technical Committees will organise sessions based around their key activities and a full programme of papers will be presented.
Many other organisations also organise conferences on Glass. To add an event to our list please contact: email@example.com. Just ask to add electronic posters and a press release after the event to the 'Other News' section of this web site.
Below is a list of those conferences we know about. Please help us to keep this list complete.
Glassman South America, 29-30 March, 2017, Buenos Aires, Argentina
The 12th Pacific Rim Conference on Ceramic and Glass Technology including GOMD 2017 – Glass & Optical Materials Division Meeting, May 21 – 26, 2017 in Waikoloa, Hawaii, USA. An ACerS Glass Corrosion short course will also be organised giving a comprehensive coverage of how silicate glasses behave in contact with water, including bioglasses, natural glasses, archaeological glasses, as well as nuclear and commercial glasses
17th Tallinn International Glass Stress Summer School, 25-26 May, 2017 at Nordic Hotel Forum, Tallinn, Estonia
The 91st Glass Technical Meeting of the DGG runs from 29-31 May 2017 in Weimar, Germany
Glass Art's Society 46th Annual Conference will take place in Norfolk, VA, USA from 1-3 June, 2017. Title is Reflections from the Edge: Glass, Art, and Performance.
A conference entitled 'Glass: Science and Practice' will take place in the Institute of Silicate Chemistry, St Petersburg, on 6-8 June 2017
Training Day 5 and Furnace Solutions 12, organised by the Melting Committee of SGT, will take place at Lucideon on 7 and 8 June 2017
14th International Seminar on Furnace Design - Operation and Process Simulation, 21-22 June, Velke, Karlovice, Czech Republic
7th International Conference on Ionic Liquids is planned for 25-30 June, 2017 in Quebec, Canada.
The next GPD Finland called 'Growth. Knowledge. New Generation' will be on 28 -30 June, 2017 in Tampere and will celebrate 25 years of GPD events
Czech & Slovak Conference and Seminar on Defects in Glass, Trencianske, Slovakia, 28-30 June 2017 with the International Glass Symposium RONA demonstrating the glass art of tableware company RONA.
- The 7th International workshop on Flow and Fracture of Advanced Glasses (FFAG-7) will take place in Aalborg (Denmark) on 2-5 July 2017. Prgoramme and registration via their web site.
The 9th ICG Montpellier Summer School will be held from 3-7 July 2017. For further information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
3rd International Workshop on Challenges of Molecular Dynamics Simulations of Glass and Amorphous Materials, Sao Carlos, Brazil, 9-12th July, 2017
XI BRAZGLASS 13-16th July, Curitiba, PR. The 11th Brazilian Symposium on Glass and Related Materials.
The 9th International Conference on Borate Glasses, Crystals and Melts will be held in Oxford on 24-26 July 2017
The 2nd International Conference on Phosphate Materials will be held in Oxford on 26-28 July 2017
Linking the redox state of silicate melts to magmatic processes - a theme at the next Goldschmidt conference in Paris, 13-18 August 2017. Send you abstracts by 26th March
- The 19th Annual Sol-Gel Conference will be held in Liege, Belgium from 3-8 September 2017
- SGT's annual conference, entitled Aspects of Glass, will be held in Cambridge, UK on 4-6 September 2017. It will include special sessions on: 1) Stained Glass: Art at the Surface and 2) A Fragile Heritage. Aspects of Historic Glass.
- The Crystallization 2017 conference will be held in Segovia (Spain) on 10-13 September, 2017. Selected papers will be published in JNCS
- AEM2017 (www.aem2017.com), an international conference on Energy Materials, Nano Materials, Graphene Materials, Solar Energy and Hydrogen Energy will be held at the University of Surrey, UK from 11 to 13 September, 2017.
- 3rd International conference on rheology and modeling of materials, Miskolc-Lillafüred in Hungary in October 2-6, 2017
- “Processing & Performance of Materials Using Microwaves, Electric & Magnetic Fields, Ultrasound, Lasers, & Mechanical Work – Rustum Roy Symposium”, MS&T17, 8-12 Oct 2017, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
- The next ICG annual meeting will be held in Istanbul, Turkey on 22-25 October 2017
- The 78th Conference on Glass Problems including 11th Advances in Fusion and Processing of Glass symposium will be from 6-9 November 2017 in the Greater Columbus Convention Centre.
- The next ICG Winter School in China is planned for 13-17 November 2017 (to be confirmed)
- The Glass Art Society (GAS) will hold their 47th Annual Meeting in Murano, Italy from 16-20 May, 2018
- The 10th ICG Montpellier Summer School will be held on 4-8 July 2018 and will include a 10th anniversary celebration.
- 15th International conference on the Physics of Non-Crystalline Solids will combine with the 14 European Society of Glass conference in Saint-Malo, France from 8-12 July 2018. Their web site is: www.ustverre.fr
- The 2018 ICG annual meeting, entitled Innovations in Glass and Glass Technologies (contributions to a sustainable society), will take place in Yokohama, Japan from 23-26 September, 2018
- The 25th ICG Congress will be held in Boston USA from 9-14 June 2019 and organised by the GOMD of ACerS. This coincides with their centenary celebrations.
- The next ESG meeting will take place in Krakow, Poland in September 2020
- ICG XXVI will be held in in Berlin, Germany on 3-8 July 2022 on the occasion of their centenary celebrations.
Venues for Congresses
|XXV||ICG Congress||Boston, USA||2019|
|XXIII||ICG Congress||Prague, Czech Republic||2013|
|XXII||ICG Congress||Salvador, Brazil||2010|
|XXI||ICG Congress||Strasbourg, France||2007|
|XX||ICG Congress||Kyoto, Japan||2004|
|XIX||ICG Congress||Edinburgh, Scotland||2001|
|XVIII||ICG Congress||San Francisco, USA||1998|
|XVII||ICG Congress||Beijing, China||1995|
|XVI||ICG Congress||Madrid, Spain||1992|
|XV||ICG Congress||Leningrad, Russia||1989|
|XIV||ICG Congress||New Delhi, India||1986|
|XIII||ICG Congress||Hamburg, Germany||1983|
|XI||ICG Congress||Prague, Czechoslovakia||1977|
|X||ICG Congress||Kyoto, Japan||1974|
|IX||ICG Congress||Versailles, France||1971|
|VIII||ICG Congress||London, England||1968|
|VII||ICG Congress||Brussels, Belgium||1965|
|VI||ICG Congress||Washington DC, USA||1962|
|V||ICG Congress||Munich, Germany||1959|
|IV||ICG Congress||Paris, France||1956|
|III||ICG Congress||Venice, Italy||1953|
|II||ICG Congress||London-Sheffield, England||1936|
|I||ICG Congress||Venice, Italy||1933|